Known as the “Heart of the Lakes” owing to the 26 area lakes that are within a 10 mile radius, Annandale was platted back in 1886 and its name came from Annan, a place in Scotland. Incorporation to cityhood was achieved in 1888 and the 1st post office still existing today was established n 1887. Annandale’s location is just 45 minutes from the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro and a mere 25 minutes from St. Cloud.