|In the event that the cost of living data was unavailable for this city, estimates based upon nearby cities were used. Each cost of living index is based on a national average of 100. If the amount is below 100, it is lower than the national average. If the amount is above 100, it is higher than the national average.|
|Cost of living index||106||103||100|
|Goods & Services index||110||107||100|
|Health care index||103||108||100|
- The cost of living in Elk River is 4% higher than the Minnesota average.
- The cost of living in Elk River is 6% higher than the national average.
- The cost of housing in Elk River is 10% higher than the national average.
- Minnesota general sales tax is 35% higher than the national average.
- Minnesota state income tax is 141% higher than the national average.