Located on the border between Marysville and Woodland Townships, the town was platted in 1878. Incorporation into a village was achieved in 1881. The village is situated on the Great Glacier Trail about 35 miles west of Minneapolis. The village got its name from the first settler, George M. Wright who named it from a town in Pennsylvania, his home state. Most businesses are located on Railroad Street during the early years. 1909 saw the establishment of the first Lutheran service in the village and in 1918, electric power was introduced.